I was late home from school tonight because I was doing track and field tryouts.
I hid behind a door in the changing room and heard this:
PE Teacher 1: 'She's got real talent, that one.'
PE Teacher 2: 'Yeah, she's not like her sisters, is she?'
I asked my mum about it when I got home. She said the Football Fanatic spent five years huddled against the changing room radiator reading 'Heat' magazine, and The Singer is just not cut out for PE, due to her distinct lack of hand-eye co-ordination. (Except when she's throwing a shoe at you, when she has an aim like a sniper and is a crack shot. We've all got the bruises to prove it).
Anyway, I find out this week if I made the hurdles team.
Then I just have to persuade my dad to pick me up every week, even though tonight he said it was like trying to get home from Blackpool on a Bank Holiday Monday.


9 comments:
Good Luck!! I'll bet you'll be great!
Also, Fixer, if you would like to make a friend over here, you can check out my niece's blog. She's 14 and her name is Lynsey.
www.lynseykirkland.blogspot.com
I'm really old and all but when I was younger I used to have a pen pal in Japan. It was really cool to learn about her culture. I don't know how much you would learn but it might be kind of fun. Or not. Just throwing it out there.
I promise I'm not weird. And neither is she. Swear.
Congratulations!
Blackpool on a Bank Holiday huh? Nothing worse. :0/
I just know your dad will want to pick you up, he'll be so proud of you
CJ xx
Hi Fixer, sounds as if you will be in there - and I'm sure the FOTL will be happy to be needed! Sorry I haven't managed to put your lovely Award on my Blog yet - for some reason I put the whole lot on instead of just the picture.. Duh..
Just call me useless. M xx
Someday we'll all have YOUR picture on our front pages . . . :-)
--r
God has given you special gifts and you must use them for His glory. You must also remember that God has given your sisters special gifts, too. They just don't happen to be the same ones.
You must ask your Mom if it is permissable to email me your address so a small token of my gratitude may be sent to my campaign manager. Great job!
I also have small gifts for your sisters.
adrienne@icehouse.net
You may check my husbands website to verify that I am not a crazy stalker chic (or, as I like to say, "a little crazy, but not dangerous) http://www.lewalt.com/
God bless you, your sisters, your Dad, and your wonderful MOTL - oh, and the bunnies, too.
Go, Fixer go! I have every confidence that you will be an asset to your team...and I'll bet you can "fix" those hurdles to your advantage, too. (Need I add...to the disadvantage of your rivals?)
(Uh oh. I think I hear your Mum: "Bad influence, that Kit!")
Brilliant. Well done!
Post a Comment