Monday, 7 April 2008

Fixing it for My Mum

My mum has been nominated in the 'Cannonball Catholic Blog Awards 2008' in the category 'Best Hifreakinlarious'. I think this is a good thing but no one really knows what it means. It's one of those words.


Anyway, I decided to vote for her at school because she had already voted for herself on our computer and you can only do it once. Normally you can't get on Blogspot on the school computers because it's blocked. But this was important, and I know how to fix it, so I did, only for a minute.


I voted also for Adrienne on a few other categories because I really like her blog and she's a fixer too!


At school, you can only vote once, too but I'll fix that tomorrow by using all my friends' usernames (which I'm not supposed to know!).


You can vote for my mum here. Scroll down a bit till you find 'Hifreakinlarious' on the side bar.


May the best blog win!



My mum's to-do list waiting for me when I came home from school:


a) Bathroom door lock needed screwing on


b) The hall cupboard door hinge to be tightened


c) The sewing machine lamp needed a new bulb


What I want to know is...my dad's been here all day. How come he didn't fix any of this stuff?


Perhaps they had more important things to do. They have been getting on very well lately.



Oh, well. At least I got a fiver for cleaning the living room lastnight.


Kerching!


13 comments:

Amanda said...

I put in my vote. Looks like she's winning.
Wish I had a fixer at my house...

Akelamalu said...

I voted for your Mum. I hope you don't get caught at school 'fixing'!

the mother of this lot said...

Thanks, kiddo, for telling everybody I was sad enough to vote for myself.

And I thought you said you needed the computer for your homework.

Renae said...

I have a feeling that "fiver" is just the beginning of your future billionaire status. You are a brilliant girl!

--r :-)

Anon said...

I gave my eldest 5 euro for just emptying the dishwasher!

I was robbed... :-(

A Mother's Place is in the Wrong said...

You're off to a great start. Please could you come and 'Fix-it' at my place too? Margot xx

Pam said...

i voted for your mum also...nice to see you have your own blog. being an individual is always a good thing. Love the title of your blog, too! you've even changed the color of the blog which i don't even know how to do. i'm trying to learn html and i just look at the stuff saying, 'huh?' LOL anyways, i'll be back to visit. :)

Maggie May said...

Hello Fixer ..... good to meet you! Your blog is lovely! Lots of jobs to be fixed at our house!
Your Mum has done well with her Catholic award!
We are all grateful to you for the lovely designer awards........ Thank you!

Sass said...

Your mum has my vote.

So what WAS you dad doing all day?

Working Mum said...

Hi Fixer!
I've already voted for your mum, but I could perhaps vote again at school if I could get round the blog blocking.
How come students know how to do this stuff and teachers don't?

Cath said...

OK my vote is in and your mum is well on the way!

I'd love to know just what your dad was doing too that he couldn't do even ONE job!

I also think your name should be The Entrepreneur... ;0)

Sandy said...

Hi! I found you through Crazy Cath and have followed your directions and voted for your Mum! (Michigan, USA)

Sarah - Kala said...

Kerching, indeed!

I think kids get a sorry lot said about them these days, but I find you lot a bunch of fun!!

Blessings,
JOT